11 Cheap Adjustable Dumbbells With Detailed Reviews, Comparision & Buying Guides
Adjustable Dumbbells are a great way to get in shape and stay fit. With the right amount of weight, anyone can become stronger and live a healthier lifestyle. These dumbbells adjust from 5lbs up to 50lbs so that they’re perfect for beginners or advanced users.
If you are looking for the best deal on adjustable dumbbells, then you have come to the right place. We’ve compiled this list of the top 11 cheap adjustable dumbbells available today with reviews, pros/cons, buying guides, and more!
Check it out if you want to learn more about all the different types on the market (adjustable dumbbells). The best part? You don’t even need space for expensive equipment – these babies store away easily in your closet until you need them!
We also provide a buying guide on how to choose cheap adjustable dumbbells with high quality that can help make your decision easier when it comes to pricing, size, weight limits, and more. Let’s get started!
Top 11 Cheap Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews In 2022
#1 – POWERBLOCK Elite EXP 2020 Version – Excellent Choice & Editor’s Pick
Tired of jumping from one dumbbell weight to the next as your workout progresses or mixing and matching weights between sets? You need a weight set with adjustable increments so you don’t have to break up sessions, chase around two pairs of weights during those all-too-brief moments when no one is looking at you. Let’s find out why we put PowerBlock in the top 1 in the list of 11 cheap adjustable dumbbells to buy in 2022.
The Elite EXP has a range that ranges from 5 pounds per hand to 50 pounds per hand! Optimized for efficient workouts and designed for uncompromising performance, this is the only adjustable weight without restrictions on what kind of routine it can be used in. It’s also small enough to hang off a power rack – eliminating time wasting trips back and forth.
This set of adjustable weights replaces 16 pairs of dumbbells in 1 space and can be adjusted to 5-50 pounds. As your strength level changes, you might want more resistance like 90 pounds per hand down to 50 pounds per hand!
Three different auto-lock features make grinding between sets quick and painless while the Chrome adder weights provide perfect incremental adjustment for both large or small seizes. You’ll find these weightlifting DUMBBELLS do it all!
The manufactured 2020 model has Chrome adder weights that allow micro loading in 2.5 lb increments, making it great for training on both sides evenly by giving more precise weight transition control over standard sized weights without adding too much extra length to each side like a barbell.
The coolest thing about this company: they offer expandable weights – so if you start out at 50lbs and 3 months later find yourself needing 70lbs, just order the expansion kit! Sold as pair and ships in TWO boxes for your convenience.
Key features & benefits
- The Weight Stacks are a steel construction with powder coated paint.
- A straight cylindrical grip is inside a padded handle that fits over the your hand.
- The side rails have color bands that correspond with the weight chart on the handle so you know what is in each bag.
- The selector pin is a magnetic weight that can be used to change weights quickly.
- The Dial Lock is a handle where you can adjust the weight in 2.5 lbs increments by adding and removing weights from inside the lower ballast tubes
- These dumbbells are functional and easy to use, but the packaging could be better.
- The 2020 version is slightly better with a more comfortable handle, while the Made in USA version has an inconvenient lever.
- These are compact and reduce pressure on the thumb pad.
- The product works well and it is the same feeling as what you would find in gyms.
- Switching weights is super simple
- The weights don’t move around when you lock them in, and they are easy to put on.
- The grip is not the most comfortable but it is easy to switch weights.
- The plastic holder seems a bit fragile
- The dumbbells are great but they’re not compatible with other expansion kits.
#2 – Bowflex SelectTech 552 – Best Overall & Highest Positive Customer-Rated
Stop wasting space and time with 15 sets of weights and invest in the only set you will need for all your workouts!
Bowflex SelectTech 552 combine dumbbell plates that adjust from 5 to 52.5 pounds in 2.5-pound increments up to 25 pounds, allowing you to rapidly switch between exercises without having to change out the weight at every turn when this system operates using a dial system instead of collars found on most adjustable weights.
Plus, these fasteners are safer than older models because they don’t require any twisting or tugging during adjustment so if adjustments must be made near shoulder height you have nothing to worry about with bruises or cuts!
To top it off, these customizable pieces are also 50% more compact than standard adjustable weights, with a sleek design that is sure to compliment your home gym area.
With the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells, you can rapidly switch from one exercise to another without needing different weights. That means less clutter in your workout space and more time to really focus on your current routine!
These smart dumbbells have a dial system that’s easy-to-use and customizable for any strength level up to 52.5 pounds (and individual weight plates also come with a two year warranty).
They’re perfect for enhancing your fitness at home or any setting; try them out for stronger arms, bigger back muscles, leaner legs – whatever you need! And yes, although we are looking for cheap adjustable dumbbells, the truth is that for the value Bowflex SelectTech 552 offers, this is a very good price for you to have a great homegym dumbbells..
Features & benefits
- The weight selection dial is used to select the desired weight and lock in that weight.
- The exterior of the plate is made out of durable plastic that provides for smoother transitions and less clanging.
- Total Body Results is a workout designed to increase strength and flexibility.
- This compact, all-in-one system saves you space and adjusts from 5 to 52.5 lbs.
- The price may seem high, but these take up minimal space and are versatile.
- This set of 30 dumbbells weigh is only $11.67 per dumbbell, which saves you a lot of money as compared to buying single ones
- The dumbbells are of great quality, worth the price.
- They’re easy to use, fast to adjust weight in increments by 5 lb, and you won’t outgrow them quickly.
- Well packaged & fast delivery
- The knobs turn very easily and give a distinct/solid “click” when the knob is in the correct position.
- The handles are great because they have a grippy section that feels secure in your hand and plenty of room for grip.
- The only con for this model is they’re pricey.
- The plates shift a bit and take up more space, but aside from that they are great.
#3 – Core Fitness – Premium Pick
Introducing the new Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Sets, with a space-saving design and simple operation, we know we have all your needs covered when it comes to workouts at home or away from home.
Each dumbbell is 14 1/2 inches long and 7 9/16 inches wide while weighing in at 50 pounds with 5 pound increments per weight section for up to 50 pounds per dumb bell.
This adjustable weights all-inclusive set features wheels on each side of the stand that can be rolled into place for easy storage, as well as an instructional video that gives you multiple exercises to help get started with using these adjustable weights right out of the box!
This workout set is ideal for your daily routine. This weight range features a 2 year parts warranty, perfect for someone on the lookout for an affordable option! Enjoy conveniently cleaning up after a tough workout with this cheap adjustable dumbbells.
The 50 Lb WS allows you to adjust from 5lbs to 50 pounds of weights per exercise pair. The material of the dumbbell feels sturdy and sure enough that it wont buckle or break while lifting!
With two sets, you can also weigh down your smaller resistance when toning or adding bulk so you can lose some weight faster in the process without straining yourself too much before starting out. Not only designed for personal use but also great as a gift idea for gym enthusiasts who think they have everything already!
The Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells are compact, textured weight sets that maintain the feel of a true weighted dumbbell with one end solidly in your hand. With easy to use Twist Lock technology that can be set up or adjusted with one hand, you’ll have everything you need for the perfect exercise routine at your fingertips.
It also carrys an innovative patented design guaranteeing protection from accidental over-load injuries common to standard plates and weights. The rugged plastic shell will not scratch floors during dumbell set carry or storage which reduces wear on carpets and flooring surfaces while maintaining superior structural integrity.
Now you can work out with a heavier, or lighter weight without the risk of bulky and clumsy adjustable dumbbells falling on your foot!
Twist Lock technology ensures secure weights that won’t slip off, and one-handed adjustment will help you reach new lifting heights. You’ll also love our special grip design for total freedom and control during your exercise routines.
- The Quick & Easy Weight Change technology can let you change the weight between 5 to 50 pounds with just a turn of your wrist.
- The TwistLock Technology provides you with a natural dumbbell feel.
- With the weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs, these dumbbells give you a compact, durable 10-piece set.
- The weight change mechanism on the dumbbells is easy to use and feels sturdy.
- These plates do not clink or clank, they are very easy to use and have a rubber coating that makes them comfortable.
- Arrive quickly, was easy to assemble, and they are able to adjust weight by 5 pounds.
- The delivery and packaging were excellent. The weight set is high quality and has no movement when in motion
- They are simple to use, easy to store in my room, and they cost less than other sets.
- The only issue with the rack is removing weights >25 lbs, but it can be fixed by using one’s foot.
- There is some movement with the plates as you’re using them, but it’s not too bad.
#4 – NordicTrack 55 lb Select-a-Weight Dumbbell Pair – Best Value For The Money
People who get bored with training routines will love the NordicTrack 55-lb Select-a-Weight Dumbbell Pair. Get started easily by downloading the free iFit app to your tablet or smartphone, then watch thousands of trainer-led video workouts!
The smooth weight selection system makes it easy for you to switch weights after completing one set. Start at 10 pounds and increase in either 5 pound increments (up to 55 pounds) or 2.5 pound increments (up to 25 pounds).
These black beauties are compact enough that you can store them out of sight when not in use; yet they deliver 30 sets of weights equivalent in value without taking up all that much space.
Protect your home from clutter by replacing up to 30 individual dumbbells! You’ll love being able to take this compact adjustable set of 2 pieces virtually anywhere without worrying about it taking up space (just 1/4 square foot) and adding loads of weight (this affordable pair can replace years’ worth of dumbbell sets).
No more excuses not to work out; download the iFit app today for free workouts anytime on any device – all you need is WiFi or 4G LTE connection.
The NordicTrack Select-A-Weight Dumbbell Pair is made of durable and long lasting steel and hardened plastic. Included in this complete weight set for home use are weights starting at 10 lbs. and going up to 55 lb. increments which provides the user with a full spectrum of weight options that help them stay on track to meet their fitness goals.
That’s not all! The included trays make storage easy too when the time comes to put your weights away, giving you more space in any room where they might typically be stored.
Take an extra step towards success today by making the necessary commitment to invest in yourself with these high quality dumbbells from NordicTrack!
- The Smooth Weight Selector allows you to adjust your weights from 2.5lbs to 20lbs
- With Select-A-Weight adjustable dumbbells, you can change the weight of a handlebar from 10 to 55 pounds.
- This innovative set of weights delivers the same value as 30 individual dumbbells.
- These trays are made for storing your adjustable dumbbells in when you’re not using them.
- The iFit app provides a library of strength training workouts to stream from your tablet or smartphone.
- The shipping of these heavy and fragile items was handled very carefully.
- These dumbbells have a slight wobble and make noise when lifting, but the grip on them is good and it’s nice to be able to adjust their weight.
- The dumbbells are easy to use and have a great weight selection, but they have some durability issues.
- The blue weights are easier to use, but the orange ones are more compact.
- The orange ones seem to be made of metal, while the blue ones are mostly plastic.
- The weight selector is metal, but the handle could be better.
- The durability of the product is questionable with a short warranty.
#5 – FLYBIRD – Cheapest but Luxury Design & High Value
Heavy duty, sturdy and well-built FLYBIRD Adjustable Dumbbell is great for both men and women. This cheap adjustable dumbbells lets you work out your whole body while taking up just one space in the gym.
This single 30/55lb dumbbell with anti-slip metal handle lets you adjust weight by turning its innovative fast knob at either end of the handle giving it 5 different weights to choose from so you can do more exercises without having to go back to get new weights. Enjoy professional training advice of fitness experts no matter where you are!
The FLYBIRD Adjustable Dumbbell has an all black finish made especially for full body workout exercise enthusiasts needing an attractive design that blends in with their routines while holding up to the most strenuous conditions.
FLYBIRD is a new concept dumbbell set with ONE-HAND operation and changeable weights from 5lbs up to 25lbs. The operation of changing weight doesn’t require any tools, save your time of changing weight! This will help you achieve better training efficiency.
The FLYBIRD weights plates are frosted and will not easily abrade making it ergonomic for both indoor and outdoor use.
You don’t have to worry about strength of grip either because durable handle made from aluminum alloy material with anti-slip texture helps out so your hand won’t get fatigued during your routine.
Keep your posture perfect while engaging in an effective workout routine with these adjustable weights that offer four different weight levels: 10 pounds, 16 pounds, 22 pounds and 30 pounds respectively.
The FLYBIRD also protects your floor by not leaving any stray plates on it while doing so. Stay effective and efficient during workouts using this convenient weight set!
- FLYBIRD’s adjustable dumbbell design has a weight dial which can be used to change weights on the fly.
- The FLYBIRD adjustable dumbbell has a special lock-down design that ensures safety when using it.
- The aluminum alloy texture adjustable handle and the multiple gears on the dumbbell can save time when changing weights.
- A new weightlifting rack with the ability to adjust weights saves space.
- Extremely easy to adjust between weights
- The weights do not jiggle while they move
- These dumbbells are high quality and easy to use.
- Easy to use and the price is much better than other adjustable dumbbells.
- These weights are great for home workouts, but they must be lifted off the ground with caution
- The plate on the end of this machine sticks to the tray sometimes.
- The handle is too thick in the middle, causing discomfort.
- These adjustable dumbbells are great for people who need to adjust weights, but the cradles could still be improved.
#6 – Yes4All with Connector Options – Best Manual Adjustable Dumbbells
Designed with the serious lifter in mind, Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells are a welcomed addition to any weight-training regimen. One of the widest ranges of weights available, these dumbbells allow you to customize your workout plan for increased convenience and versatility.
Whether training at home or at the club, these bad boys let you take control over your strength training progress without needing another person’s help. What’s more important is that they won’t cost an arm and a leg! In fact, when you add up all four weights together our suggested set comes out to be 60 pounds – perfect for those on a budget!
The durable cast iron plates were painted black for uniqueness while maintaining durability from rust and corrosion. Plus, diamond-knurled handgrips provide a better grip and minimize the risk of slippage. When you’re done working out, simply place them in your desired storage spot thanks to its simple mechanical design.
There are no excuses now with Yes4All adjustable weight sets. These sets give you all the pieces you need for an easy, professional workout, consisting of dumbbells for any muscle group and fun workouts. Don’t be fooled by complicated mechanics – this is one easy setup!
It’s not wrong to say that this is a good candidate in the list of cheap adjustable dumbbells with manual adjustment for you to enjoy your workout.
With their 5-year warranty on weights and parts, stay confident that your purchases will last around forever. It’s never been easier to tone up than with these nifty little tools.
- They are durable cast iron with a powder coated finish to prevent rust and corrosion, adjustable dumbbells.
- A textured chrome handle helps minimize hand fatigue while maximizing grip comfort and control.
- The connector makes it easier to use two dumbbells at once.
- Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells are easy to use and compact for storage, perfect for home gyms.
- These weights are heavy duty and meant to last a lifetime, these are not for beginners.
- The 105 lb dumbbell set is sturdy and does what it’s supposed to do.
- These dumbbells allow for many different weight options and can be interchanged with barbell weights.
- For this price and size, it is a bargain.
- The diamond texture on the handle helps improve grip and isn’t there just for show.
- This set of dumbbells has a rubber ring that prevents loosening while you are lifting, and the collars can be tightened by hand or with pressure.
- Yes4All needs to make sure their boxes are in better shape for shipping.
- They are long and good for bench presses, but changing weight plates is slow.
#7 – Lifepro – Best Budget Option With High Quality
Forget struggling with your workouts training with these adjustable weights! With five different weights to choose from you can easily give yourself a boost and see better results! Not sure which one is best?
The experts at Lifepro have you covered with all their insight on what will be perfect for your personal needs so go ahead hit buy and find out!
Lacking energy but still need to workout? No worries! These adjustable weights will do all the work-outs for you within minutes so stop feeling guilty when your friends are at the gym- you can workout in the comfort of your own home and still get results like a pro.
Ingenious design with a built-in adjustment system makes it simple and straightforward to add or remove weights in 5 lbs increments between 10 lbs and 50 lbs per dumbbell.
The weight is locked while in use for safety. Compact size means these adjustable dumbbells can be conveniently stored in most closets so you’ll always have access to the workout gear that gives you excellent results!
Get the body you’ve always wanted with completely customizable gym equipment that isn’t available at your local fitness center. With convenient, compact size and options for all levels of workouts, these adjustable metal dumbbells let you workout how you want to without having to buy a whole bunch of weights or take up space in your tiny home.
Their newest 2.0 model is scientifically engineered to work with your body to give you great results–things old school weights can’t do!
With customizable weight settings, this 5-in one tool will help you tone up even faster than before, show off muscle definition others envy, and regain the vitality of life not often found in aging adults. Lifepro’s adjustable dumbbells are designed for both sexes–so find your fit today with this cheap adjustable dumbbells!
- The adjustable weight system allows you to work out at home and strengthen your core, release endorphins, and build lean muscles.
- The compact design of the dumbbell saves storage space.
- The anti-slip steel handle provides a smooth and stable grip while the built in adjustment system locks to prevent weights from shifting
- The PowerFlow Plus dumbbell is easy to use and with live support available for as long as you own it.
- These weights are adjustable and come in 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 pound increments.
- LifePro Adjustable weight dumbbells have a range of 2.5 to 25 pounds and take up less space than having multiple sets for different weights
- This weight set is a space-saver with an easy number to switch and diamond grip.
- This is a small, adjustable dumbbell that saves space with a built-in adjustment system.
- The end caps on these weights are not securely attached and may detach, so the company should be glued down to avoid this.
- The shifter is not smooth and the cap pops off easily.
#8 – Ativafit Fitness Dial Dumbbell – Best Comfortable Handle
With the Ativafit Adjustable Dumbbell you can use for dozens of muscle and strength-building exercising. It comes with a plastic tray that stores up to 17 sets of weights and doesn’t take up much space because it’s all in one design.
The workout spotter will ensure your form is correct as well as offer assistance if needed. You can easily move from one exercise to another without any fuss or hassle due to the smart, compact packaging!
Ativafit dumbbells are adjustable, quick-change weight dumbbells. The packaging also comes with an easy grip handle to ensure you can still exercise on your own without worrying about losing the weights.
They fit standard Olympic size plates so it is up to you if you want to purchase additional shaft attachments for versatility.
All of this means that they’re perfect for women and men no matter their fitness level. You can use them at home or in a gym, all while knowing that you have just the right weight at arm’s length!
Whether you are lifting weights at home or in the gym, this one-of-a-kind dumbbell will be perfect for your exercise routine! The adjustable weight plates allow you to increase the weight gradually as you become stronger. With just a turn of a dial, your key chain can effortlessly move up or down through 4 different colors that represent varying amounts of weight.
Give yourself the opportunity to workout like never before (pun intended) by trying Atviafit Adjustable Dumbbells today.
Key features & benefits
- Press the red button to choose weights, turn the dial to select them, then press down on the handle
- This dumbbells has a weight range of 11-71.5 pounds
- Rubber coated handles help to ensure a secure, comfortable grip for lifting and training
- The Base has a 10 Safe Lock Groove that keeps plates in place.
- They are impressively well-built.
- This is a good device for those who want an adjustable dumbbell, but don’t have space for regular ones.
- This weight set is more versatile and comfortable than some others.
- The value of this dumbbell is great because it replaces the need for many dumbbells of different weights.
- This dumbbell set is great, and it goes up to 25 kg in increments of 2.5 kg. It looks nicer in kilograms rather than pounds
- The product is great, but the price of $200 does not include two dumbbells.
- The dumbbells are too heavy for the rack to work well
#9 – snode Cast Iron – Best Ease Of Usage
You should own our snode Cast Iron Adjustable Dumbbell if you want to strengthen your biceps, triceps, deltoids, pectoral muscles or any other muscle in the human body. The steel studs on the head of this adjustable dumbbell prevent it from slipping during use and allow for smooth hand movements.
The cast iron construction is durable and will work well with any surface type while avoiding damage. This set includes red plated metal weights ranging from 8lbs to 50 lbs each. Now, get these 6 sets of precision engineered gears that adjust the weight without slowing down your workout!
The snode Cast Iron Adjustable Dumbbell is an easy to use, sturdy, and durable product both at home with the family or in a professional gym.
Your workout can be as varied as your imagination because you can start with simple exercises like curls for biceps with high repetitions then move on to heavier lifting for your quads (hamstrings, etc). You will see that with proper form good decisions today lay good foundation for tomorrow; every rep counts!
Stronger muscles means more calories burned too making this one of the best products you can buy. This adjustable dumbbell saves space by providing both weights in just one unit so it is mess free and even better it comes backed up by 1-year guarantee if anythin gog wrong
- The weight adjustment dial makes it easy to adjust the dumbbell weight.
- This full cast iron dumbbell can reach an anti-fall height of 80cm.
- Non-slip handle
- Cast iron base
- Adjust in second
- The best cheap adjustable dumbbells are made of cast iron and don’t wiggle after long time using.
- The dumbbell is a very sturdy and adjustable weight that can be used for resistance training.
- The price of the product is a little expensive, but they are high quality.
- Great customer service
- The weight plate on these dumbbells can dig into your skin and the rotation ring to change weights is harder to use.
Compact, all-metal design justifies the price.
#10 – IPOW 5-25/6.6-44 LB Single Black Dumbbell Set – Promising Rookie with Good Price
Need to change up your fitness routine? It’s time for a new weight training equipment that will kickstart your progress. Quality ingredients and innovative designs make this IPOW adjustable dumbbell kit perfect for any home gym or fitness studio.
Whether you’re looking to bulk up or slim down, we’ve got the right products to help you achieve results in less time. If you want the best performance and durability possible, this one-time investment is worth its weight in gold!
The metal handles are designed with a slip-resistant feature which allows for maximum strength and grip. Simple rotate the handle back and forth in 1 second to change weight preferences. Super easy, super efficient!
With the 8 counterweight plates it provides over 50 lb of resistance, suitable for all fitness programs. Save space by combining multiple pairs into one compact tray system that takes up less than half of your workout bench space -perfect at home or at the gym- this product will give you up to 80% more room on your equipment footprint!
The black color is sleek and modern while the durable, high-quality iron coating provides a safe, sleek finish that’s built to last for years on end.
They crafted it out of quality materials, so whether you have no experience lifting weights or increased back pain from increased use, their system offers long term benefits without causing further strain.
Built with an anti-stick grip handle which doesn’t cause calluses while offering better protection against slips or drops while also eliminating noise during your workout sessions for a less frustrating and more focused experience possible at home. This is sure to last for many years and guarantee satisfactory results time and time again
At last, it is here! IPOW set that lets you change the weights in 1 second. You can use this professional 44 lb dumbbell set to get 5 different weight levels in just one dumbbell by simply rotating the lever.
That’s not all, you can also combine them into 1 compact tray system to save your space for home gym. It’s a perfect choice for your purpose to find cheap adjustable dumbbells– easy and convenient – for better workout at home or even anywhere else that you want to improve your fitness level.
- This product contains 8 plates that will not fall and do not rust or break.
- 5 gear with clear dial, easy to adjust weight
- The silicone cover protects your hands from hurting while exercising.
- The high strength tray can organize weights while also protecting the floor, being a good space-saving solution for your home gym.
- These weights are adjustable and can be changed easily with a handle.
- The dumbbell is easy to use, and durable.
- Great dumbbell for beginners to advanced people that workout, it is very sturdy and secure so the plates would not fall out during workouts.
- These adjustable dumbbells are perfect for space-concious people who work out in their apartment.
- Fast delivery & operate smoothly
- The handles are not really comfortable so you maybe need a glove
- Using weights with a lot of weight and an awkward shape can make exercises difficult to do
- The dock/station that holds the weights and dumbbell is not easy to carry.
#11 – Funcode Adjustable Dumbbell
Realize your weight training potential with this adjustable dumbbell set. It offers five sets in one, so you never have to worry about matching weights or changing equipment.
The reduced weight load is perfect for people who are just starting out, but it also caters to heavier users who need adjustments down the line. With 44 pounds total weight between the two weights, you’ll always feel confident about an excellent work out.
A fun choice for home use or even at your office, Releven will offer a new level of convenience and lighter workout routines that can be tailored to suit any needs – needs that keep growing as time goes along!
The adjustable design makes it easy to set different weights so there are plenty of exercises that can be performed with this one piece of equipment. And with 8 locks structure design on handgrips, removing plates won’t produce any pesky sounds when adjusting weights while working out!
Funcode adjustable dumbbell ia sturdy and durable perfect for those with no time or patience to change weights at the gym. You can use it as a convenient solution if your workouts vary in intensity.
- A good set of adjustable dumbbells that are easy to use and have a range of weights.
- This dumbbell is easy to adjust and has good quality.
- These adjustable weights are great for saving space and easy to use, but the weight options are limited.
- It is compact and you can change the size of weights easily.
- This adjustable dial dumbbell is perfect for people who want to save money on separate dumbbells.
- These weights may not be as effective as Bowflex dumbbells, but they still get the job done.
Buying Guides On Choosing Cheap Adjustable Dumbbells For Insane Home Workout
The best way to get a killer workout at home is with cheap adjustable dumbbells, but not all sets are created equal. This buying guide will help you find the set that’s right for your needs and budget.
The following post provides information on what types of adjustable dumbbells exist; different brands available; how to choose the right weight range for your fitness level; and finally, our top picks in each category.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-follow guide that’ll give you everything you need to know about buying affordable adjustable dumbbells, this post is just what you’ve been waiting for!
Types Of Adjustable Dumbbells
There are many different kinds of cheap adjustable dumbbells available in stores today; here is an overview of each type:
1. One-Piece Or Two-Piece Adjustable Dumbbells
The first thing you need to consider when shopping for adjustable dumbbells is whether or not you want a one-piece or two-piece set. The main difference between the two types of dumbbells has to do with how you add/remove weight plates.
With a one-piece model, all of the weights are stored in the top part of the piece and can be added or removed by simply sliding them into place.
Two-piece models, on the other hand, have a separate stand for each half of the device where you can put all the weight plates onto. This option makes it easier if you plan on mixing and matching different weights together from different sets.
2. Standard Or Olympic Size
If your goal is to get fit quickly and easily home, then a standard size model might be for you. These tend to be wider than their Olympic counterparts but are lightweight and easy to use on a regular basis.
The only downside is that they do not usually offer as many weight options as the larger type of dumbbell.
Olympic-size sets are great if you want the most affordable option or if you plan on exercising regularly with your set of cheap adjustable dumbbells.
They are generally more expensive than standard models because they come with plates that fit securely on either side of the handle, preventing them from falling off easily when you’re done using your weights.
With these types, however, you won’t have as wide a variety of weights available to choose from (usually ranging between 2.5-40 lbs per hand).
3. Weight Options
As we mentioned above, smart shopping usually means looking for an adjustable dumbbell set that has a wide range of weight options available.
This way you can easily find the right amount of resistance and mix and match various plates together if needed to achieve your desired outcome.
While most models come with 5-pound increments on either side, others offer up to 2.5 pound steps instead; the wider this range is, the more likely it is that you will be able to adjust for just about any fitness routine or goal you might have in mind.
9 Factors To Look For When Buying Cheap Adjustable Dumbbells
Getting adjustable dumbbells doesn’t automatically mean having a state-of-the-art device ready to work out at a moment’s notice.
There are plenty of different cheap adjustable dumbbells out there, but not all models offer an equal set of features and benefits that can help you meet your fitness goals. Here’s a look at some of the most important attributes to think about:
Whether you’re looking for dumbbells with one or two plates on each end, it’s best to find a set that offers at least 5-pound increments (per hand) if possible.
This way you’ll be able to easily adjust the amount of weight you’re using by just adding or removing some additional plates here and there.
The more weight options you have on hand, the better off you will be when it comes to targeting specific muscle groups for toning and strength-building workouts .
If you’re a beginner, then most models will work just fine, but if you want to take things up a notch in order to advance faster, make sure to choose one that has at least 10 weight levels available.
Some cheap adjustable dumbbells come with additional tools that can make your workout experience a lot easier and more effective.
Whether you’re on the lookout for a product with a rack, tray, or even a protective case to store your weights in after use, it’s always helpful to consider ones that might be useful for making things convenient as possible.
Ease Of Use
One of the main reasons why adjustable dumbbells are so popular is because they offer an easy workout experience that can be used right out of the box .
It’s always best to look for models that have smooth handle bars, comfortable grip options, and compact bases so they won’t take up too much space in your home.
Another reason why cheap adjustable dumbbells are so great is because they give you the ability to effortlessly switch between exercises with just a few adjustments.
With this in mind, it’s best to opt for models that have good balance and feel good in your hands when you’re using them. Being able to easily change weight levels definitely helps as well; nearly all of these types of products offer this feature, but not all of them work as smoothly as others.
Obviously, you don’t want cheap adjustable dumbbells that will break down on you after just a few uses; ideally, it’s best to find ones made from materials that are comfortable to hold and won’t slip out of place when they get wet.
In some cases, plastic models tend to be more affordable but aren’t as durable as ones made entirely out of metal. Keep this in mind before making any final decisions about which ones to buy.
Depending on what your budget is like, the last thing you probably want is overpriced adjustable dumbbells that don’t come with a lot of different options or features.
Generally speaking, expect to pay anywhere from $60-$300 for a quality product; more expensive sets offer a wider variety of weight options, but you can also get a great deal by checking our top 11 cheap adjustable dumbbells in this article.
If you’re short on space in your home, you’ll definitely want to think about finding adjustable dumbbells with storage options that won’t take up too much room.
There are many models out there that collapse down so they can be stored away when not in use, while some come with freestanding racks or even foldable tray attachments for added convenience.
While adjustable dumbbells may not seem like much when compared to other types of exercise equipment, the handle can still be uncomfortable to grip if it is not properly designed for your hand size.
For example, if you have small hands, look for a model that features a smaller handle for more control. The same goes if you have larger hands; make sure the grip is wide enough to prevent your fingers from slipping off too easily.
This last aspect shouldn’t necessarily affect which model of cheap adjustable dumbbells you end up buying; however, it does determine how confident the manufacturer is about their own product .
Reputable companies stand behind their products 100% and will replace them if anything goes wrong within the warranty window (usually one year).
Look for this information before making a decision about which ones to buy; if there is no warranty information available, you should probably shop for another model.
FAQs about Cheap Adjustable Dumbbells
Is it cheaper to buy adjustable dumbbells?
This is a very common question asked by many gym novices. While you do save money in the long run, be aware that adjustable dumbbells are more expensive than regular ones but it’s also have many benefits for you in long-term.
There are several advantages to using adjustable dumbbells over standard ones:
- Adjustable type bars can save money as you no longer have to buy individual dumbbells as your strength increases. Instead, all you need is additional plates.
- For example, a 100 pound bar would go up to 200 pound with two extra 50 pounds plates attached on either side. This means that instead of buying four separate weights at $70 each($280 total), you have to pay $140 for one set.
- In addition, cheap adjustable dumbbells have a much greater range of weight than the other options. The best part is that you can adjust both your weights according to your needs so if you ever need a different combination, you just need to add or remove a few plates and you’re all set.
- This makes it perfect for users looking for a complete home gym at a cheap adjustable dumbbells without any compromises on quality while also being able to meet their strength training requirements as they evolve.
What is an adjustable dumbell set?
An adjustable dumbbell set can have any number of weight plates ranging from just two to around 100 allowing the user to adjust the weight of their dumbbells as per their needs. The range of movement is also different for each type of bar and plate combination.
How much should I spend on an adjustable set?
The price of adjustable sets varies widely depending on how much weight they can manage and what types of plates they come with. For example, if you need high capacity at low weights, you should go for a set with large plates. On the other hand, if you need high weight limits and low to medium capacity, then small plates are what you should look out for.
How much should I pay for adjustable dumbbells?
This also depends on the type of plates and bars your dumbbell set has. For instance, you can get a set with just two plates that go into the handle of the bar for around $15 to $20 while a full 100-pound dumbbell set costs around $80 at an average price.
Why are weights so expensive?
This is due to the fact that weights are made of solid cast iron, not just regular steel. The material used in their construction is what adds to their weight and thus increases the price. You can also buy dumbbells with plastic or coated plates for a lower price but they often have smaller weight limits.
Are Powerblock dumbbells worth it?
Yes, Powerblock dumbbells are among the most versatile cheap adjustable dumbbells sets available on the market. The set comes with expanding handles attached to different weight blocks of 5 pounds each. These small plates are what differentiate it from all other adjustable options on the market.
The best part about them is that you get around 70-pound range of weight at normal handle lengths or just 49-pound range if you use the compact version which mean that they’re perfect for people looking for a full home gym without having to spend more money on individual dumbbells.
That being said, they’re not cheap and cost up to $400 depending on which model you go for while also requiring more space due to their design.
Should I buy 1 or 2 dumbbells?
This largely depends on your requirements and budget. For example, if you lift in a gym or have enough space at home with two bars, it is better to have two individual weights so that you can increase the weight without adjusting them often.
On the other hand, buying just one means that you won’t be able to add extra plates later when needed which essentially limits your strength training capabilities in the long run.
In my opinion, having two adjustable dumbbells is still better than having just one due to their versatility with different combinations of plates while being easy to store when not in use. You can also opt for a single dumbbell for certain exercises such as curls but I would recommend getting a set instead.
Can you build muscle with 20Kg dumbbells?
Yes, these are only suitable for lower weight exercises which means that you can still build muscle with them even though they may not be enough for some people. For instance, squats require a lot of pushing power but the 20Kg dumbbells should still do fine.
Can you get bigger with cheap adjustable dumbbells?
Yes, this largely depends on your diet and workload. It is unlikely that you’ll bulk up using just one set of adjustable dumbbells due to their small capacity but you can achieve heavier lifts by increasing the weight limit over time as your body gets used to it.
Therefore, once you feel like building muscle or simply need more weight without changing anything else, look out for sets with larger plates or bars depending on your price range and requirements.
Do you need a storage rack with adjustable dumbbells?
No, not always. For instance, most models don’t require any additional racks to be put on the floor unless they have big plates or bars which usually come as two separate dumbbells so that is something worth considering before making a purchase based on space requirements and other features such as spin lock collars etc.
With this in mind, I would recommend getting an adjustable set with smaller plates if possible even though it limits your weight options due to their wider range of weight combinations which makes them easier to store than larger units with limited combinations such as those that start from 20 pounds for example.
Are home dumbbells worth it?
Yes, home dumbbells allow you to work out with different combinations of weight depending on which exercises you do and are great for saving money in the long run.
If you only need to focus on lower-body workouts, adjustable sets can easily last you a couple of years while offering more versatility which means that it is worth considering making an investment in a couple of individual dumbbells instead due to their sturdier design and higher capacity when compared to cheap adjustable dumbbells options.
In conclusion, these tools are incredibly versatile but also expensive depending on what features you go for. In general, consider your requirements before deciding whether or not it is worth buying an cheap adjustable dumbbells set or a pair of separate weights depending on whether or not the latter will be suitable for your home gym.
Can you get ripped at home with dumbbells?
It is definitely possible to get ripped with dumbbells, but you need to know what you are doing when it comes to your training plan. In general, home gyms are great for people who don’t have a lot of time and just want a simple way of working out with different exercises at their convenience without paying a fortune in a gym every month.
For example, dumbbell-based workouts with heavy weights will help you build muscle while also increasing your strength which means that they can even be used if you go on running or try other toning activities during the day so speaking from personal experience, it is definitely worth considering making an investment due to their versatility.
If possible, buy a cheap adjustable dumbbells set instead of individual weights since these allow you to adjust the weight across different exercises which means that you can focus on high-intensity workouts without worrying about your budget.
How do you get big arms with one dumbbell?
In order to get big arms with one dumbbell, you need to focus on compound exercises such as shoulder press which require a lot of pushing power. In addition, you should also add isolation exercises such as curls and triceps extensions roughly 3 times per week in order to increase your strength and build muscles at the same time.
Furthermore, I would recommend starting off with lighter weights and making sure that you master each exercise before increasing the weight for each workout slowly but surely.
This way, you can make sure that your joints don’t start hurting too much while focusing on tone instead of bulk which is great if you’re looking forward working out from home due to their versatility regardless of whether or not it’s summer or winter.
Is it bad to lift dumbbells everyday?
Lifting dumbbells everyday isn’t recommended unless you are a professional who knows what they are doing. Instead, I would recommend sticking to your training plan and working out at least 4 times per week.
This being said, it is necessary to make sure that you master each exercise before increasing the weight in order to avoid injuries which can easily happen if you try to lift too much weight without proper guidance.
All in all, there are a lot of benefits to using cheap adjustable dumbbells. They provide more variety and they save money over the long-term.
Plus, it’s convenient not having to go to the fitness club or gym just for your workout routine! You can’t go wrong with these adjustable dumbbells. They are affordable, high quality and will last for years to come!
If you want an inexpensive option that will last through years of use, then we recommend PowerBlock Dumbbells as our top choice. You can find them on Amazon with free shipping options too if you don’t have time to head out into town!
We hope that this guide has helped you find exactly the best cheap adjustable dumbbells that your fitness goals require without breaking the bank. Pick up one today and start getting fit!
Related post: Top 12 Best Exercise Bike To Lose Weight